Monday, December 28, 2009

Turbonegro 05/29/2005 Birmingham


Mom and I watched this on Xmas day together- this cock rocking performace of God's favorite rock and roll band: Turbonegro. I know that Jesus loves the Negro because I got this disc from Bishop O'Leery right after midnight mass, he patted me on the ass and squeezed my hand a little when I reached out to take the DVD. Boy, was I excited.


What's really exciting is that I couldn't find a post of this on you tube. Whereas everything else I've reviewed you pretty much could just as well look at it yourself why-the-fuck-you-care what I got to say, this is a performance of Hank & the boys you're gonna have to find somewhere else or rely on me to tell you how good it is. So here goes:

Vid is a single camera audience at a fair distance from the action. The captures above right are as close as the zoom ever gets and that picture where you can hardly make anything out shows you the scene from the distance of the shooter. It's a little bit dark when the lights are blue or green and sometimes a little shaky...about 3/4 of the time there's something easy to watch. Whatever camera is in use here has got a very sharp resolution. Sound is average...a lot of hall reverb but fairly good balance of instruments and no distortion...

I could go on and tell you how Turbonegro is destined to become the biggest band on the planet...how "I Got Erection" is my ring tone...how my sweat soaked denim dreams involve sailing the high seas with Happy Tom and Euroboy. I could tell you all that but... fuck, it's getting hot behind the keyboard and I've gone more than a few hours without some barefisted buggery...And so if you'll excuse me, I've got a Boy Scout meeting to get to...





All My Friends Are Dead
Back To Dungaree High
Sell Your Body (To The Night)
Don't Say Motherfucker, Motherfucker
Blow Me (Like The Wind)
Selfdestructo Bust
City Of Satan
Get It On
Wasted Again
Fuck The World (F.T.W.)
Age Of Pamparius
Prince Of The Rodeo
I Got Erection

Filmed by Mickie Rockchick & P.J.Peanutz.
Audio: Codec MPEG-1 Layer 2 Bitrate 256 CBR
Video: Codec MPEG2 Resolution 720 x 576 Framerate 25.000 Bitrate 4379 Format PAL Aspect 4.3

No comments:

Post a Comment